TrendSonar is the solution developed by ByTek that uses data provided by search engines to identify new market trends at an early stage.
TrendSonar can be integrated with IntentSonar to obtain an overall vision from a digital point of view essential to identify strategic opportunities and define business directions.
Data sources and solution
TrendSonar analyses online search data from different sources. The main ones are Google Keyword Planner, Google Suggest, Google Trends and Google News.
The identification of new trends is carried out in stages, as described below.
- An initial set of keywords, suitable for describing the client company’s market, is expanded by the tool in order to identify a keyword set large enough to represent all the possible declinations of searches made online, in a given period of time, on the subject under analysis.
- For each keyword, the relative monthly search volumes are extracted (for a time period defined with the client) and the trend data updated to the current month or day, depending on the client’s needs.
- Using time series analysis techniques, the solution allows both volume and trend data to be taken into account, in order to have an estimate of the search volumes for each keyword updated to the current day (which is not possible using Google tools alone).
- For each keyword, growth rates are calculated for the current month/day compared to the previous period.
- Each keyword is classified by type:
- High-volume constant signal, i.e. keywords that are present throughout the entire observation period and have an average search volume greater than the average volume of all keywords under analysis;
- Low-volume constant signal, i.e. keywords that are present throughout the entire observation period and whose average search volume is lower than the average volume of all keywords under analysis;
- Weak signal, i.e. new keywords that have not previously been found in online searches (e.g. keywords that refer to the launch of a new product) or keywords that only appear in searches occasionally or at certain times of the year.
Type of analysis
TrendSonar provides :
- An overview of the fastest growing keywords classified by keyword type;
- A tab for each keyword showing the search volumes (for the time period under analysis) and the top 10 news items (taken from Google News) containing that keyword.